Tab Mapper

The tab mapper is a handy little tool that will render a guitar tab file with graphic chord diagrams displayed alongside. This comes in handy for people who just don't have every single chord shape memorized. Just plug in the web site address of a valid .tab or .crd file and hit "Go". In general, the tab mapper does a better job with printer friendly URLs. If there is more than one way to play a chord, the tab mapper will choose the most common shape. To see other fingerings, click on the chord diagram and you will be taken to the chord calculator.

A chord {x 0 2 2 2 0} chord
B chord {x 2 4 4 4 2} chord

Original file located @ https://www.vwvortex.com/threads/golf-8-r-in-video-games.9488282.

Show me scales that sound good with the chords in this song: A, B.

in this thread in this sub-forum in the entire site
Advanced Search
Cancel
Login / Join
  • What's New
  • Forum Listing
  • Products
  • Marketplace
  • Showcase
  • Gallery
  • Advanced Search
  • Members
  • FAQ
  • Dark Mode
  • Light Mode
We may earn a commission for products purchased through links on this page
menu
  • Home
  • Forums
  • VW Model-Specific Forums
  • Golf & Jetta (all Gens)
  • Golf VIII R
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Golf 8 R in Video Games?

Jump to Latest Follow
16K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Mustardblue  Feb 16, 2024
Corrado-Diesel Discussion starter
543 posts · Joined 2012
  • Add to quote
  • Only show this user
#1 · Nov 10, 2021
Anyone know if the Golf 8 R is in any video games? The new Forza Horizon 5 does not have it on the car list, but it does have the Golf 7 R just like Forza Motorsport 6.

I was playing some split screen multiplayer on Forza Motorsport 6 over the weekend biding my time, patiently waiting. My son asked if the new Golf R was in Forza so I started wondering. My son?s favorite Forza 6 car is one of Ferdinand Porsche?s early works, the Auto Union race car. I was using the Golf 7 R, Golf 4 R32, Corrado or Scirocco (gen 3) R and I didn?t have to play easy due to the ?handicap?. We had a blast.

Save Share
Sort by Most reactions
Oldest first Newest first Most reactions
B
BoomBoy
22 posts · Joined 2014
  • Add to quote
  • Only show this user
#2 · Nov 10, 2021
MK8 Golf R will probably come out as DLC for Forza Horizon 5. Forza has had some brand new cars as DLC. Don't quote me on this, though.

Reactions: AdamChandler
Save Share
24MK8GOLFR
19 posts · Joined 2024
  • Add to quote
  • Only show this user
#3 · Feb 15, 2024
Forza Horizon has the MK8 Golf R

Reactions: Corrado-Diesel
Save Share
R
rtrev2442
1228 posts · Joined 2011
  • Add to quote
  • Only show this user
#4 · Feb 15, 2024
The new Forza Motorsport has it. I believe ACC does as well.

2023 Golf R "Base", Pure White, DSG
Mods: Unitronic Stage 1+ (gBX), APR "Closed" Intake, CTS Intercooler, Milltek HJS Downpipe, Invidia R400 Catback, GFB DV+, Powerflex Dogbone Mount Hybrid Insert, H&R Rear Swaybar, H&R OE Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSe10 18x9 ET45 w/ 245/40r18 PS4S's
Save Share
P
PNW_Golf-R
110 posts · Joined 2024
  • Add to quote
  • Only show this user
#5 · Feb 15, 2024
I wasn?t able to secure a real life test drive of my incoming Golf R, so I made do with plenty of time with it in both Forza Horizon 5 and the more recently released Forza Motorsport. Definitely go with the latter game if you are looking for detailed insights as to its on road dynamics.

Save Share
R
rtrev2442
1228 posts · Joined 2011
  • Add to quote
  • Only show this user
#6 · Feb 15, 2024
I was recently gifted a Logitech wheel which I naturally first tested on a Golf R in FM. The car acted nothing like its real world counterpart imo. Really turned me off of the game. Any time I want to mess around with the wheel now I fire up ACC.

2023 Golf R "Base", Pure White, DSG
Mods: Unitronic Stage 1+ (gBX), APR "Closed" Intake, CTS Intercooler, Milltek HJS Downpipe, Invidia R400 Catback, GFB DV+, Powerflex Dogbone Mount Hybrid Insert, H&R Rear Swaybar, H&R OE Sport Springs, Neuspeed RSe10 18x9 ET45 w/ 245/40r18 PS4S's
Save Share
0   Reply
Corrado-Diesel Discussion starter
543 posts · Joined 2012
  • Add to quote
  • Only show this user
#7 · Feb 15, 2024
Thanks guys.
I think it?s time to upgrade to an XBox Series X to play the new Forza Motorsport and Golf 8 R.
With the Forza Horizon 5 on my old Xbox One Forza edition I was able to earn the electric BMW i4 eDrive 40 Sport through online competition gameplay in October and it drives pretty realistically to the one I own.
Obviously Forza Motorsport is more of a sim and Forza Horizon is more of an arcade racer, but they?re both fun as heck!

Save Share
P
PNW_Golf-R
110 posts · Joined 2024
  • Add to quote
  • Only show this user
#8 · Feb 15, 2024
Yeah, Motorsport is more sim like, but you CAN stuff 800+ horsepower in the Golf R in Forza Horizon 5 which is wild. I play on Series X and both games look amazing.

Save Share
0   Reply
Mustardblue
222 posts · Joined 2022
  • Add to quote
  • Only show this user
#9 · Feb 16, 2024
Not sure if it's still on sale but original assetto corsa could be had on steam for like 10 bucks for the whole shebang. There are mods for the mk8.

Save Share
Insert Quotes Quotes Post Reply