Tab Mapper

The tab mapper is a handy little tool that will render a guitar tab file with graphic chord diagrams displayed alongside. This comes in handy for people who just don't have every single chord shape memorized. Just plug in the web site address of a valid .tab or .crd file and hit "Go". In general, the tab mapper does a better job with printer friendly URLs. If there is more than one way to play a chord, the tab mapper will choose the most common shape. To see other fingerings, click on the chord diagram and you will be taken to the chord calculator.

A chord {x 0 2 2 2 0} chord

Original file located @ https://www.mobygames.com/forum/10/thread/264891/linking-directly-to-moby-id-instead-of-game-name/.

Show me scales that sound good with the chords in this song: AM.

• Pro
    • Browse
      • Random
      • Platforms
      • Games
      • Companies
      • People
      • Groups
      • Genres
      • Attributes
      • Critics
      • This Day
      • Stats
    • Contribute
      • Most Wanted
      • Missing Games
      • Add Game
      • Instructions
      • Standards
      • Style Guide
    • Community
      • Contributors
      • Forums
      • Reviews
      • Discord
      • Twitter
    • Moby Merch
    • Login
      • Login
      • Register
?? Enjoy your favorite Atari 2600 and 7800 games on one system, the Atari 2600+

Forums > Suggestions > Linking directly to Moby ID instead of game name.

hoeksmas (150373) on 12/1/2023 10:45 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Many times when I'm adding a compilation I want to link directly to the entry for the original game. Unfortunately, sometimes there's several games with the same name. Here are 3 examples I encountered just today:

• Lunar Rescue
  • Tarzan
  • Bug Blaster

And don't even get me started on Star Trek variants. Is there an option to link by Moby ID? If not, can we create an option to link by Moby ID.

Kayburt (32147) on 12/1/2023 12:53 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

I am in agreement. The < moby> tag should have an id field so you can input the exact number and you find yourself to the exact game. Putting a shared game name and specific platform only takes you to the search page instead of the game page. The format should be like this:

< moby game="Lunar Rescue" id="66710">LunarRescue</ moby >

That way you go directly to the 1979 Arcade version of the game instead of getting an ambiguous choices in the search screen.

Rwolf (22836) on 12/1/2023 12:59 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Yes, extra irritating with compilations, since there you usually only have the included name to go on, no images to help you guess.

Cantillon (77566) on 12/1/2023 1:28 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

This is possible. In the moby tag, instead of game, use gameid. Same for developerid and companyid.

hoeksmas (150373) on 12/1/2023 1:33 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Ahh, OK. I did not see that in the Mobygames documentation. Maybe that needs an update.

MobyReed (325) on 1/17/2024 4:36 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Right you are! Updated that to include ids:

https://www.mobygames.com/info/style-guide/#mobytags

Gouken (5018) on 12/4/2023 6:39 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Never knew this was possible. Finally a solution :)

Please update the docs with this information.

Saurin on 2/15/2024 7:44 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Thanks for the information!

About · FAQ · MobyPro · Stats · Standards · Style Guide · API · Contact · Change Log · Privacy Policy · Terms of Use

© 1999?2024 MobyGames ?

v2024.04.26a

©2024 JGuitar.com